Focal Point
run two programs at once?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6891069071

June 07, 2006, 09:53 AM
Mark1
run two programs at once?
Anybody have any idea how I can run two programs at once? I'm testing one that takes 45 minutes to run. In the meantime I'd like to test some other programs. Thanks for the help!

Windows version 768
June 07, 2006, 10:08 AM
Prarie
Kick the 45 minute one off in ReportCaster.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
how many processors do you have?
if you have at least 2, you should be able to run 2 at once easily. Even if you only have 1, you can execute a second, third job while a first is running;
you can always run a second one using Run Defered, which uses the processor whenever it can and then always gives way to a live request, ie one with higher priority.
Btw, remember to edit your profile signature so we know what system you are running on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
.... unless, of course, you have a setting that only permits a max of one agent because of a local install? If this is the case then increase the number of agents within the server console.

And when you say it takes 45 mins to run, is that pure server time or is the server time small and the main part of the 45 mins is your PC rendering it in a browser - if it's the latter then get more memory.

If you are testing only for the fact that a process is executing properly and producing an output then try adding IF RECORDLIMIT EQ n to your code (where n is any number, the smaller the better) to reduce the number of records returned in your query.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10