Focal Point
SubHeads

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6891088331

August 15, 2005, 09:24 PM
Prarie
SubHeads
I have a report with several SubHeads on different BY's, that each have different styles within the StyleSheet. I need to have a Heading, that has lot's of styling also, only print on the first page, which is done with On Table Subhead. How do I specify the styling for that? I've tried doing it on the On Table Set Style part, but that does not seem to work. Since it does not have a 'BY' I can't do it with that. Any Ideas? 5.3.4 version.
August 15, 2005, 09:29 PM
Francis Mariani
Have you tried:

TYPE=TABHEADING, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD, $
August 15, 2005, 09:33 PM
Francis Mariani
How to Identify a Heading or Footing

TYPE=headfoot, [BY=sortcolumn]

where: headfoot Identifies a heading or footing.

Select from:

TABHEADING which is a report heading. This appears once at the beginning of the
report and is generated by ON TABLE SUBHEAD.

TABFOOTING which is a report footing. This appears once at the end of the report and is
generated by ON TABLE SUBFOOT.

HEADING which is a page heading. This appears at the top of every report page and is
generated by HEADING.

FOOTING which is a page footing. This appears at the bottom of every report page and
is generated by FOOTING.

SUBHEAD which is a sort heading. This appears at the beginning of a vertical (BY) sort
group (generated by ON sortfield SUBHEAD).

SUBFOOT which is a sort footing. This appears at the end of a vertical (BY) sort group
(generated by ON sortfield SUBFOOT).

BY
When there are several sort headings or sort footings, each associated with a different
vertical sort (BY) column, this enables you to identify which sort heading or sort footing
you wish to format.

If there are several sort headings or sort footings associated with different vertical sort
(BY) columns, and you omit this attribute and value, the formatting will be applied to all
of the sort headings or footings.

sortcolumn

Specifies the vertical sort (BY) column associated with one of the report�s sort headings
or sort footings.How to Identify a Heading or Footing
August 15, 2005, 09:45 PM
Prarie
Thanks! Tabheading...never had the need to use that before....that was what I needed. Learn something new everyday. Smiler