Focal Point
Report Caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6951030252

October 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
Syed
Report Caster
When I'm trying to schedule my fex file using Report Caster, it throws some errors. FYI the output of the fex is a FOCUS file.
I heard that the same fex file which works fine in Developer Studio might not work when scheduled using Report Caster. Is this true?
Can someone send me the points which I need to take care of while scheduling fex files using Report Caster?

Regards
Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio
October 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
Prarie
Can you post what error you are getting from the Log please.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Here you are:
Schedule ID: S12lp0bt4u07, Job Description: Test Completed with errors/warnings Task error: SPECIFIED LABEL NOT FOUND: LBL_LPGERR No report to distribute.

The label points to the Error Page which I have created. Moreover, even previosuly, we got some errors while scheduling due to which we had to tweak the code somewhat:
- Bring the compute variables to DEFINE file if I need to sort on the Compute variable.
- Use APPATH and APPHOLD

Are there any such requirements while scheduling through report caster?

Syed

Can you post the code in the focexec? The error you are getting is a Dialog Manager error and the label cannot be found.

APP HOLD is a good idea. You could put APP PATH or APP PREPENDPATH in the profile of the execution id running the schedule.

I don't recommend trying to write out an HTML error page from Report Caster. Send a report with an error message in the heading or something.

FYI, though this isn't your problem in this case, a zero rows i.e. empty report will throw an error.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
Because you are creating a file and not a report you will get this error. Check to see if your file was created. If it was not, then your FILEDEF or AP FI is incorrect. Take out any references to your HTML error page as well as -SET &ECHO= ALL and -EXIT.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
The "Best Practices: Considerations When Using ReportCaster 7.1" document helps to explain some of the known issues of running reports (or procedures) in Caster vs. online in WebFOCUS. The document can be accessed on the following URL:

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...etail.asp?docid=1406
Southern Belle is there such a link you can route me to for The "Best Practices: Considerations When Using ReportCaster 7.6
Thank you in advance..

Ira (prod aix 5.3.x) (test) windows 7.6)

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0
Great! I'll try using the best practices mentioned in the doc. Will bug you guys again if there are any other issues!
Thanks for the much needed help.

Syed

The length of the label name might be to long (8 characters is my max...)

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Before I posted to this thread, I looked for a Best Practices document for 76 and did not find one. I believe most of the known issues and differences in Caster reporting vs. online reporting are the same in 71x and 76x.

Things might change a bit in the next major release as the WF product division is working to streamline the WF Client and Caster architecture. Stay tuned Smiler
Thanks for the help! I am able to get the file created using report caster now. I followed all the steps mentioned in the best practices document. It works!

regards
Syed

I'm getting the following error when I try to schedule a fex file through Report Caster.
Schedule ID: S12mqr1nki29, Job Description: FOCUS_PROD_all Completed with errors/warnings Task error:Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException No report to distribute.

Any suggestions to debug? FYI the same fex file works perfectly fine if I move it to a different folder in the same environment/server.

Regards
Syed