Focal Point
[SOLVED] HTML5 JSCHART - New BUCKET StyleSheet Attribute?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7017079786

October 09, 2017, 03:47 PM
David Briars
[SOLVED] HTML5 JSCHART - New BUCKET StyleSheet Attribute?
In a recent post I saw a JSCHART StyleSheet attribute named 'BUCKET'. 'BUCKET' is not familiar to me.

By way of background, we started creating JSCHARTs in 8007 and are continuing to create JSCHARTs in 8105M.

I am guessing 'BUCKET' is a way to connect a GRAPH FILE verb object to a particular component of the chart (yaxis, tooltip,...).

As far as I can tell 'BUCKET' is new to WF version 82.

As we are always looking for reasons to upgrade, I looked at the 82 'New Features', 'Creating Reports', and 'Creating HTML5 Graphs' manuals and could not find a definition of the 'BUCKET' syntax. I saw uses of 'BUCKET', but no introduction/definition/narrative.

Could anyone point me to where 'BUCKET' is defined? (Except of course in 'CAR.EQUIP.STANDARD'. :-))

Has anyone, who created visualizations in 80/81, finding BUCKET useful in 82?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
October 10, 2017, 03:18 AM
Tony A
Hi David,

The "Bucket" syntax is defined within the HTML Extension being used.

If you look at the "properties.json" file for an HTML5 extension, you will see the "Buckets" defined there and will understand that they are specific to each HTML5 extension.

If you grab the presentation by Dan Weingart from 2017 Summit entitled "Learn to add custom visualisations to WebFOCUS" (a PDF) you will find some information there.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
October 10, 2017, 09:43 AM
David Briars
Thank you Tony!

I now see the 'BUCKET' syntax description goodness in the 'Assigning Chart Data to Attribute Categories' section of 'Chapter 4 - WebFOCUS Chart Attribute Syntax' of the HTML5 manual.

From my quick overview of the chapter this looks like a fantastic addition to the HTML5 JSCHART realm.

I am going to add this to our list of reasons to upgrade to 82.

Thanks again.