Focal Point
Graph - tooltip display

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7021058331

April 15, 2005, 02:50 PM
Leo L
Graph - tooltip display
I've been looking for a solution to get tool tip display in an HTML page for a graph. I currently use

ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH SCATTER
ON GRAPH SET GTREND ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT OFF

Is there a way to get the tooltip displaying for the datapoints without changing the GRAPHEDIT to SERVER? We used to have this working till they changed the graphics engine and now this doesn't work... we no longer get the tooltip to display. If I set the ToolTipMode to "true" (developer) , I get the tooltip for everything but the data points. Does this look like a bug in the new graph engine?

thanks,

Leo
April 15, 2005, 03:35 PM
Prarie
I know the new Graph Engine has several issues..and not sure what is being done about it by IBI. You can SET GRAPHENGINE = OLD, And it should run the way it used to. Not the best solution, but it should work.
April 15, 2005, 03:56 PM
Leo L
Yeah I was trying to avoid that scenario... but if its the only option I might just wait till the new focus 7 comes out. I just hope that the problem will be solved. I guess I was just looking to see if I was missing something, perhaps a setting that was causing the error... If no one else got it to work then I'm assuming its the new graph engine.

thanks for the reply,

Leo
April 15, 2005, 04:17 PM
Leo L
Given the new Graph engine.. does anyone know the Graph API code that would display a tooltip for each individual point on the graph?

something like:
setGroupLabelArray(0,"testing this out");

thanks,

Leo