Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WF Maintain -- Can WINFORM SET change the value of a Radio Group?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WF Maintain -- Can WINFORM SET change the value of a Radio Group?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I'm guessing the answer is no, but I have dozens of static radio groups and I want to set their current value via Maintain. WINFORM SET seems to have a lot of options, but none to actually set the value of the widget.

I'm very much hoping that I don't have to make dozens of stacks and recode each and every radio group on the page . . .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
From memory you have to set the index of the stack to set the radio button.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hey John
This is not a problem. All you have to do is issue:
Compute Form.Object.ListItems.Focindex = n

Where Form is the name of your form and Object is the name of your radionbutton.
N is the row that you want the cursor on.

Since you are presetting, make sure you issue a Winform Show_Inactive form before displaying it.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A number of properties are dynamicly settable. Which ones are and which ones are not can be determined by the following method:
- activate the object on the form
- in the properties box for the object, select the desired property
- click the property name and keep the mouse button depressed
- if the mouse pointer does not change, the property is not settable, if it does change (to a forbidden symbol) then the property is settable and you can drag the property to the code window and release the mouse button there - you'll get the syntax entered in the code for the selected property.

In this case, static radio button, you're out of luck, I guess...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mark, I stand corrected - your method works like a charm. Never knew you could do it that way.
Why is it then that you can't drag 'n drop that particular property?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I am never 100% sure why some controls can be set with a Winform Set and the others require a Compute. All I do is make sure that when I do discover something like this, it is added to the online help.

Mark

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what I needed, thanks.

Online Help -- Damn hard to find. I believe this is the link -- http://documentation.informati...f761mtndev/index.htm

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Inside the MDE, I click on Help - Contents and index
Then Search and enter RadioButton
Click on the first item - Using Radio Buttons
The fourth highlighted line is "Set the Value of the Radio Button Group Dynamically"

Mark

Expert
posted Hide Post
Its a pity that the internal Maintain scripts that drive the winforms are not visible.

If you could see them, then all you need to do is check which properties can be accessed.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post