Focal Point
[CLOSED] Passing Parameters to Drill Down in InfoAssist

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7067028486

December 07, 2016, 12:50 PM
Kevin Patterson
[CLOSED] Passing Parameters to Drill Down in InfoAssist
I'd like to be able to call a drill down from a graph using the values of parameters that were used to create the hold file that I am displaying in the graph.

Here is the code of the drill down:
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/financed/std_reports/businessaffa/Demo/DrillDowns/OperatingLedgerDrillDown.fex(CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS=&CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS FISCAL_YEAR=Z_OP_LEDGER.SEG01.FISCAL_YEAR FISCAL_PERIOD=Z_OP_LEDGER.SEG01.FISCAL_PERIOD OrgLevel2=Z_OP_LEDGER.SEG01.OrgLevel2 FUND_TYPE_LEVEL_2='11' InternalAccountType=&INTERNAL_ACCOUNT_TYPE), $

Note that I am not printing CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS in my graph. I don't even pass it to the graph. But the drill down (OperatingLedgerDrillDown.fex) will need to know what value(s) CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS should be. When creating the hold file I used a parameter called &CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS. So I'd like to pass its value to the drill down as it should still be available within this fex. Same deal with &INTERNAL_ACCOUNT_TYPE.

I've also tried entering them like:
'&CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS'
'&CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS.EVAL'
&CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS.EVAL
&CHART_OF_ACCOUNTS

The InfoAssist tool throws scripting errors when I try those things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Kevin Patterson
Appalachian State University
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs
December 13, 2016, 11:21 AM
Tamra
Within WebFOCUS 7703 InfoAssist you will only be able to drill based on the fields that are in the graph.

You might be able to add the field and set it as invisible. Then the field will appear in the list for the parameters to pass. Then add the '&' to the parameter selection.

What is the error message that you are receiving ?

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5