Focal Point
Click handler for radial buttons

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7101098652

November 12, 2007, 08:06 AM
Dennis Smid
Click handler for radial buttons
(This is my first post, so we'll see how it goes.)

Is there a trick to causing the execution of a FEX based on changing a radial button? We expected an OnClick handler for this action, but we cannot find one, and our efforts through javascript have been unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
AIX
Output: HTML, AHTML, Excel, and PDF
November 12, 2007, 10:08 AM
Tony A
Dennis,

Do you mean a "radio" button? If you do then you should be able to harness an "onclick" event from this type of control -
<SPAN style="POSITION: absolute; TOP: 120px; LEFT: 350px; WIDTH: 180px; HEIGHT: 20px;"
   elementname="text" elementtype="text">
  Click me :
</SPAN>
<INPUT id=radiobtn1 type="radio" onclick="document.form.submit();"
   style="POSITION: absolute; TOP: 120px; LEFT: 405px; WIDTH: 150px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" name="my_radio">

The only problem you have to avoid is the IB provided javascript modules trying to hijack your onclick. The module that is included (via HTML painter) is IBIRLS2.js (in 7.n onwards), however this does all sorts of things including wiping out your carefully coded onchange events for comboboxes, onclick events for various control types etc. etc.

It has been mentioned that this has been fixed in later releases, but I've just checked it on 7.6.2 and the onclick is still hijacked. Changing the IBIRLS module from IBIRLS2 to IBIRLS does overcome this, but then you will not get some of the more recent enhancements.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
November 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
Dennis Smid
Tony,

Thanks for reading past my typo. We will give this a good look. Anything more any other users can offer would be helpful as well.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
AIX
Output: HTML, AHTML, Excel, and PDF