Focal Point
[SOLVED] Footer causes the subhead to extend past the last column of table

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7127096276

September 16, 2014, 01:56 PM
Jamie K.
[SOLVED] Footer causes the subhead to extend past the last column of table
I have a pdf report where the subhead backcolor and borders extend past the last column of my table. This happens when my footer is wider than my table. I found an older post on a similar topic and the solution was to add "SQUEEZE=ON" but this doesn't work for me. Is there a way to reduce the subhead width without breaking up my footer into multiple lines or increasing my table width?

Here is some sample code to illustrate the problem.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"This is the SUBHEAD"
FOOTING BOTTOM
"This is a long footing that affects the subhead"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON,$
TYPE=SUBHEAD, COLOR=WHITE, BACKCOLOR=TEAL, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLOR='WHITE', BACKCOLOR=BLACK,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jamie K.,

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML
September 16, 2014, 04:44 PM
Francis Mariani
Jamie, try adding the following to the TYPE=REPORT style-sheet declaration:

TYPE=REPORT, ..., ALIGN-BORDERS=BODY, .. $
This is documented in "Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language" > "Laying Out the Report Page" > "Adding Grids and Borders" > "How to Align Subheading and Subfooting Margins With the Report Body" section of the documentation.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 16, 2014, 05:04 PM
Jamie K.
Thank you, Francis! Adding the ALIGN-BORDERS=BODY worked nicely! I should read the manual...

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML
September 16, 2014, 05:32 PM
Francis Mariani
I only found out about this recently, and I've been at it a long time. I think this setting is not too old...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server