Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Flex enabled components

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7137030895

February 02, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joy_Jacques
[CASE-OPENED] Flex enabled components
Hi all,

I opened a case on this, but thought maybe someone could help here. I'm developing using the 2.0 version of the Flex Enabled tools and 7.7.2 WebFocus.

I have a dashboard I'm building. I connected a fex file to a dataGrid and can create chained components including dataGrids, charts and pies. I need some help with additional functionality. Specifically, I am trying to get the bar chart to display in highest sort order on the XField value rather than alphabetical by YField and I'd like to limit it to only 20 values or less.

I have the two documents, WebFocus Enable for Adobe Flex Users V2.0.0 and WebFocus Enable for Adobe Flex Release Notes V2.0.0. Are there any other resources? I'm looking for more infomation about the properties of the components, like ibiUseAggSort which are not discussed in these two documents.

Any help is appreciated.

Joy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.7.2, Windows, html
February 08, 2011, 02:36 PM
Kerry
Hi Joy,

Would you please kindly keep us posted when you hear an answer/solution from the case? Thank you in advance for sharing with all.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
February 08, 2011, 04:33 PM
Enigma006
quote:
Originally posted by Joy_Jacques:
Hi all,

I opened a case on this, but thought maybe someone could help here. I'm developing using the 2.0 version of the Flex Enabled tools and 7.7.2 WebFocus.

I have a dashboard I'm building. I connected a fex file to a dataGrid and can create chained components including dataGrids, charts and pies. I need some help with additional functionality. Specifically, I am trying to get the bar chart to display in highest sort order on the XField value rather than alphabetical by YField and I'd like to limit it to only 20 values or less.

I have the two documents, WebFocus Enable for Adobe Flex Users V2.0.0 and WebFocus Enable for Adobe Flex Release Notes V2.0.0. Are there any other resources? I'm looking for more infomation about the properties of the components, like ibiUseAggSort which are not discussed in these two documents.

Any help is appreciated.

Joy

Hey Joy,

Can you let me know where did u get that docs from? I dont find anything online other than user guide that comes with dev studio.

Thanks

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
February 09, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joy_Jacques
The two docs are DN4500944.0210 and DN4500898.1110

If that doesn't help you find them, let me know and I'll find the url.

7.7.2, Windows, html
February 09, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joy_Jacques
It sounds like my first requirement, sorting the fields from highest to lowest is awaiting a hotfix. This is what I got from IBI support:

quote:
Sorting on the chart would require a new property added to our chart component. We have ibiDefaultSort property on ibiDataGrid, which appears to be not respected by our charts, so we would need to add the same property on our charts. We should be able to include this in the next hotfix release.

They sent me a sample of how to limit the number of values displayed. I haven't had time to work with it yet. I'll try to post that soon.

7.7.2, Windows, html