Focal Point
[SOLVED]Strange IE Behavior

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7157008976

December 14, 2015, 10:23 PM
Jay Potter
[SOLVED]Strange IE Behavior
I know this is a setting issue. I have some users that can't see the background colors that I have setup in my portal. They see the default colors.

Also I have an AppStudio HTML document that I have setup the same behavior for 3 dropdown boxes to run my fexes when an option is selected. For the users that only see the default colors, all 3 dropdown boxes work.

For the users that see the proper colors, only the first dropdown box works.

Does anyone know the IE setting that may be doing this.

I use version 8.0.9.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Potter,

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster
December 15, 2015, 08:43 AM
GavinL
Sounds like an HTML question, not a WebFOCUS question. Can you post some code on how your setting the background color?

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server
December 15, 2015, 09:56 AM
Francis Mariani
The bigger question might be: which version of IE?

See Web Browser Support for WebFOCUS Releases 8.0.10 - 8.0.01. IE11, HTML pages (Created with App Studio) is tagged with "Supported with minor issues". If this is admitted, then there are probably quite a few "minor issues".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 15, 2015, 10:03 AM
Jay Potter
I am not selecting the background color using code, I am using the IBI Client Server Portal Design GUI.

While I am in the IBI Portal design mode, I select the panel, select the style button, select the background color button, select my color and save.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster
December 15, 2015, 10:08 AM
Tom Flynn
Ask one of your users to ensure they are running with Compatibility View ON...

IE 9 Compatibility View

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
December 15, 2015, 10:18 AM
Jay Potter
Interesting I was looking in that area when you replied. That is the problem, so the interesting thing is. By taking the compatibility off, doesn't allow the colors to display properly, but the drop downs work.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster
December 15, 2015, 10:50 AM
Francis Mariani
Running anything reliably in I.E. is a bit of a nightmare. You may create the ultimate I.E. 11 compatible page in App Studio, then plonk it into B.I. Portal and see it collapse: use F12 to turn Developer Tools on, then check the "Browser Mode" and "Document Mode" of the page when run inside BIP and outside BIP - you will find inconsistencies.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 21, 2015, 08:30 AM
GavinL
Or, just have your company and clients look at this and move to Chrome.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server