Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Distinct values in maintain stack

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7207080036

April 10, 2013, 07:44 AM
Shankar
[CASE-OPENED] Distinct values in maintain stack
Hi,
I am trying to populate a ListBox with the values in stack. The stack is populated from a fex file dstfund (basically to extract distinct values of the column fund_name).

TABLE FILE SOLV_D4_ON_DEMAND
BY FUND_NAME
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END

My maintain code is as:

seleclistAmc.fund_name/a100v;
exec dstfund into seleclistAmc;

type "seleclistAmc.foccount<<seleclistAmc.foccount";
compute jrow/i5 = 1;
repeat seleclistAmc.foccount

type "Fund<<seleclistAmc(jrow).fund_name";

jrow=jrow+1;

Endrepeat

When I am printing the values in stack seleclistAmc, it is only displaying me the values till first space. i.e if value is 'ANIL KUMAR' it is only showing 'ANIL' and hence listbox is populated with first word of the values. Whereas my fex file returns it correctly.Why is this happening? Is it a product limitation. How to overcome that? Please suggest.

Thanks in avance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML
April 10, 2013, 08:02 AM
Alan B
Can you determine the NLS code page you are using? Could it be 65001 - UTF8?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
April 10, 2013, 08:50 AM
GamP
If you don't specify to only hold the printed columns, you'll get two columns in the hold file if you just say BY FIELD. You'll always get the default verb, being the same as the by field.
You should add ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY to be sure you only get the fields you asked for.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
April 10, 2013, 08:59 AM
Alan B
quote:
If you don't specify to only hold the printed columns, you'll get two columns in the hold file if you just say BY FIELD. You'll always get the default verb, being the same as the by field.

Maintain doesn't worry about that, and it doesn't affect the maintain stack at all.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
April 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
Shankar
Hi Alan B,
I dont think we can change the NLS code as it will impact all the applications we have.Is there any other way to handle this at application level?

Thanks for your help.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
April 10, 2013, 11:06 AM
Alan B
If you are running UTF8, open a support ticket. I believe there is a simple patch available.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
April 11, 2013, 02:16 AM
Shankar
Thanks AlanB for your help. I will raise it to IBI.

Warm Regards.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,