Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] MRE and ReportCaster setup

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] MRE and ReportCaster setup
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I've got a pretty basic 7.6 setup on my laptop: DevStudio, Rpt Server, Rpt Caster/Library, but RC/Lib were done manually so I'm sure I'm missing something. Everything works fine except when trying to access Caster or Library from DevStudio. It's trying to access "http://localhost/rcaster..." which doesn't work. But "http://localhost:8080/rcaster..." DOES work. Do I need to reconfigure Caster to run on port 80? Or is there a setting in MRE or the client that I need to change?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

<JG>
posted
Mark

Looks very much like your Tomcat is listening on port 8080

reconfigure it in server.xml to listen on 80 and that should solve the problem

You should also check the ports in the caster administration console and DevStudio.
(8080 is the default port for both Tomcat and also DevStudio using Tomcat standalone)

I do however, hope that you have a full license for WebFOCUS and Report Caster specifically
for your laptop as they are definitely not included in the DevStudio license.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes we're legit.
Only prob w changing Tomcat to 80 is that's where the webserver listens so everything else breaks.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
One other thing: the /ibi_apps context works fine when called via server/ibi_apps but server/rcaster does not. So maybe its in a config file somewhere

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Solved...isapi filter was not forwarding
/rcaster requests

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Glad you got the problem fixed, but my biggest question is

You're paying however many thousands of dollars WF and ReportCaster cost to run them on a laptop?? What happens when the laptop is not connected to the network (as laptops occasionally are prone to do)?

Remember that simply owning a license doesn't allow to to install wherever or however many times you might need it (unless you somehow managed to get a site license.) Even for test/backup/redundancy purposes.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post