Focal Point
[SOLVED] After editing and saving the previous report still runs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7257066276

September 14, 2014, 04:11 PM
George Patton
[SOLVED] After editing and saving the previous report still runs
This happens sometimes and today is a Sunday when I'd rather be doing something else ...

I edit a FEX, click the Save icon and then the Run button. It chugs away and then presents me with results from a different that FEX I was editing previously (currently saved and closed).

Any ideas ??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: George Patton,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
September 14, 2014, 05:33 PM
Waz
Could it be a cache issue ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

September 15, 2014, 09:37 AM
George Patton
I'm sure it is some sort of cache issue. However I discovered that the server, which is running on a virtual machine, was 6 minutes behind the current time and I suspect that may be the culprit.

Resetting the time initially ddn't work - it just reverted back to the 6 minute delay. Neither did restarting the host server (which shows the correct time). Eventually I found a workaround to set the time on the virtual machine independently and introduced that last night. Subsequently 10 ReportCaster jobs failed this morning, so I've restarted WF again.

I'll be testing this situation in the coming couple of days to see if it has settled down.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP