Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebFOCUS Drill Down issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFOCUS Drill Down issue
 Login/Join

<MikeA>
posted
Hi everyone!

Have a question here for the forum & I hope that someone can help me:

I am currently building 2 reports using the same SQL Stored procedures as a data source. I am trying to install a drill down from 1 report to another (the SQL stored procedure has different output sets depending on the value of another parameter that has been hardcoded in both .fex procedures). The shared variable parameter both reports are using is a variable parameter that the Stored Procedure needs in order to execute (it points to a particular entity's assets). I have set the required parameter up as a data column in the parent report and given the column a name. I have input the parameter name ("&P_Snapshot" in case this helps) from the child report and set it = to the column name in the parent report. I have set the target frame to "_top" from the drop-down menu & saved it. When I run it the parent works fine. I input the integer data it needs and the output is good (the parameter appears in the column mentioned earlier) with a line under it. When I click-on the line (parameter) I get a long message starting w/:

POSSIBLE XALAN and SAXON MISMATCH
followed by:

TransformerException
ibi.javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: ibi.org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.

which is followed by lots & lots of system jargon.

I am following the GUI's and WebFOCUS takes the drill down I input. The parent report runs fine. Are there unresolved issues w/ WebFOCUS pertaining to Stored Procedure interfaces? I did notice that the Drill down menus described by the applications Help contents do not exactly match what I am seeing in the painter.

Please also note that this parameter is not a database object of any kind. It is simply an integer value that the SQL stored procedure needs in order to generate it's output. It is an amper variable in both parent & child reports.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Whenever I receive the error:

POSSIBLE XALAN and SAXON MISMATCH

...it usually means that there is an amper parameter not yet resolved when you're trying to run based on my experiences.

I have not had any issues with drilling from one report to another where they both call stored procs.

Are you sure you're accounting for all of the parameters being used in the second report. I can't remember if you mentioned this or not, but does the second report run ok if you supply the parameters?

Ken

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
<MikeA>
posted
Hi k.lane......thanks for your response......

Yes, I have accounted for all required parameters. Both reports run fine seperately. I have been reviewing my manuals & the Application's Help function and I am coming to the conclusion that this may be a question for IB's tech support. This parameter is not in the database nor is it in the Stored Procedure's output set. I have had to set it up in a computed field. All the examples I have seen use database fields as the link between reports. I will email IB & see what they say.

Regards.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
POSSIBLE XALAN AND SAXON MISMATCH has happened to me when I put a spotmarker immediately following an amper variable in the heading or footing.

"&VARIABLE<+0> " is no good
"&VARIABLE <+0> " is ok