Focal Point
Redirect Password-Change-Fail?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7277040036

April 08, 2013, 03:46 PM
John_Edwards
Redirect Password-Change-Fail?
I'm customizing login pages for my dashboards and I've created a new login page with much success. It's quite the looker.

I've created a new password-change page and the login page points to it. So far so good. I change the bid-config.xml file for password-change-success and it's redirecting to my new login page just fine.

But, password-change-failure results in the original WORP_PassChange.jsp page being displayed. Is there a way to have my redesigned password change page to display instead of the original in the event the password change attempt fails?

J.

April 08, 2013, 04:04 PM
Doug
How about the META tags in the HEAD of your initial page itself?
April 08, 2013, 05:42 PM
Waz
We ended up changing to submitting the password change and receiving an XML response and then handle it our selves.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

April 09, 2013, 10:49 AM
John_Edwards
I'm surprised there's a setting for password-change-success but not for password-change-fail. I suppose the proposition is that you have no reason to go anywhere else than the page that changes the password.

I'll look into the idea of moving up the chain one step Waz, which I am presuming how you figured out how to submit the form and receive xml in return instead of a page repaint. It may be as simple as submitting into a pop-under and then capturing the error message to present on the original calling page, but Ajaxing it would be simpler still if I can figure out how to get that back instead of the html.

J.

April 09, 2013, 05:47 PM
Waz
The parameter to pass is IBIMR_returntype=XML.

If you find a way with the redirect, let us know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

April 09, 2013, 08:25 PM
John_Edwards
Good God! Somebody in Oz buy this man a beer!

Thanks bud, that just made things a whole lot easier to figure out.

J.

April 09, 2013, 08:52 PM
Waz
As long as its Tasmanian Beer...... Razzer

Its amazing what you can find when you go exploring.......

I don't think the returntype is very well documented.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

April 15, 2013, 10:30 AM
John_Edwards
Hey Waz, bumped into a little snag here -- my users aren't in Managed Reporting yet, so I can't submit to MR without receiving the "Log in to MR" message. Did you move the location of where you had them change the password?

By the way this is MR password only, we proxy to the reporting server.

J.

April 15, 2013, 05:57 PM
Waz
We have placed ours in the app, so we have already validated.

You may have to log the user in and then call the pw change using IBIMR_returntype=XML of course.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984