Focal Point
[CLOSED] Unable to burst the report in Excel Format

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/73110492

March 04, 2009, 11:37 AM
Santhu
[CLOSED] Unable to burst the report in Excel Format
Hi All,

i am unable to burst the report with the burst value of North America and Europe.
In my report Region is the BY field...
But if i try with [wildcard]:*Europe* then i am able to get the report. Can u suggest me.. how to proceed to give only Europe.

Any ideas??

Best Regards,
Santhu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio
March 04, 2009, 12:29 PM
Darin Lee
quote:
But if i try with [wildcard]:*Europe*

Not sure what you mean by this. There is no wildcarding for burst values.

If you want only Europe, then put that selection criteria in the fex. If you want both values burst into their own sections, you have to have a distribution list that includes both North America and Europe. You could also set a distribution list that only includes Europe, but then you would get an message every time you run that says "No burst value specified for value: North America" (or something like that.) Remember also that the values must match EXACTLY (thus no wildcards) including case.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
March 05, 2009, 04:05 AM
Santhu
Hi Darin,

I created a distribution list in the Address book of report caster.
In that burst value is [wildcard]:*Europe* and My_Email_id -- Then the report is generated.

If i place Europe and My_Email_id -- Then the report is not generated.

Do u have any idea??

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio
March 05, 2009, 10:47 AM
Jason K.
Santhu, please post your .fex, that may help us to help you. Wink

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
March 09, 2009, 06:27 PM
Darin Lee
I did come across this as I was going through some new features docs (7.6.7). Sounds useful but since we are still on 7.1.6, I can't use it yet. However, to explain the difference as I understand it - the wildcard [wildcard]:*Europe* would work for "Eastern Europe","Western Europe","Europe","[space]Europe","European" (CASE IS STILL IMPORTANT) but if you only specify "Europe" it must match exactly, including case. Print out the values of your burst field to see what the exact values are and then use wildcards accordingly.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat