Focal Point
From HTML launch page, popup passes a value to fex file which populate combobx[SOLVED

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7327043376

October 31, 2014, 08:55 AM
Pravin.Singh
From HTML launch page, popup passes a value to fex file which populate combobx[SOLVED
Hi All,

I have a requirement where There is a popup on a launch page. And when I select a value, popup is disappearing and Value selected should be passed to the fex file which populated a combobox value.
Now I dont know how to pass the value to combobox fex file and refresh the combobox based on value passed on click event on a value at popup.
I will truly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Pravin.Singh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pravin.Singh,

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com
November 13, 2014, 02:33 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Pravin,

Since there have been no responses, would you please provide a bit more information as to what your launch page looks like? You mentioned a popup on a launch page. Is this an informational popup, or does it require some sort of input? Is the value that you're selecting that is disappearing in the popup or on the actual launch page?

Providing a bit more information will help us with assisting you to find a resolution.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
November 14, 2014, 06:16 AM
Pravin.Singh
Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for taking interest in the case!!!!

I found an alternate solution for that. It was not a direct method.
Let me explain the issue: We had a launch page and there was a link on that which call a fex file and it opens a popup. Popup is basically for selecting values. If you click on 1 value, it should pass to a procedure and based on the procedure, dropdown should get updated.

Any idea if we can achieve that?

Thanks,
Pravin.Singh

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com
November 14, 2014, 08:56 AM
Rifaz
AJAX script only updates the particular DOM. It may be the solution.
I started learning the basics today, can't help you.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x