Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Change IE Title of BI Dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Change IE Title of BI Dashboard
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone ever had any luck changing the IE (or your browser flavor of choice) title for a BI Dashboard Group View?

By default, the title of my group view is "WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard". I'd like to change this to something of my choice, but need to do so only for this particular group view; I can't change it globally.

I checked over the various docs; and it seems like the title might be the only thing I can't change. Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Web Server: iPlanet 6.0
App Server: Websphere 6.0
WFClient: 7.6.9
WFServer: 7.6.9 (Windows)
MRE & SSA

Posts: 20 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: July 20, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you asked IB you are allowed so to speak or if it is a global thing then you may be out of luck unless you can do some kind of 'if/then' logic. I don't administer the BID set up we have, so limited knowlege.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You just have to change the text between TITLE tag pairing in the relevant file. I can not remember the actual file name but you should find it within the respective dashboard view folder(s) on the client server install.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You just have to change the text between TITLE tag pairing in the relevant file. I can not remember the actual file name but you should find it within the respective dashboard view folder(s) on the client server install.

I was hoping it was this easy, but apparently it is not. I can't find any file within the view folder that holds the TITLE tags. It must be inheriting it from someplace else...

MRE & SSA

Expert
posted Hide Post
It appears that the main Dashboard page is generated by a Java program, so you won't find raw HTML that you can change.

You can do this instead:

Add the following line of code near the top of the banner html page:

<script type="text/javascript">parent.document.title='This is the title of the main BID page, haha';</script>

The banner page is called banner.html and exists in the folder for each group or public view. They are usually stored in this location:

Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\worp\worp_custom\

Each view has a folder named xx_gbv (or xx_mpv for public views), where 'xx' is sequential.

Add the line of code to all banner.html pages found in these folders. You could also add it to the template that you use to create the views with, usually stored in Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\worp\worp_html\

This, of course, won't work if your views don't use the banner page!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Francis-

Thanks, that did the trick.

MRE & SSA

Guru
posted Hide Post
jwoelfel,

You can also change the TITLE tag information in the file ..\ibi\WebFOCUS76\webapps\webfocus76\worp\jsp\layout\worplayout.jsp (v76 assumed here). This will cause the browser title bar and tab to use the text you specify regardless of the BID view template you select.

Just remember to back up the original file! I'm not sure what will happen with this file next time we do an upgrade but it works for us.

Regards,

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
My suggestion in 2008 no longer works:
<script type="text/javascript">parent.document.title='This is the title of the main BID page, haha';</script>

But Dan's does:

<TITLE><%=sTitle%></TITLE>

I can replace the JSP parameter sTitle with whatever I want. I do wonder though, where is this parameter stored? There is some JSP code to retrieve the parameter:
String sTitle = isI5 ? WORP_Utilities.getDBVar(lang, "I5_DBTitle") : WORP_Utilities.getDBVar(lang, WORP_DBTxtVarsInterface.DB_TITLE);

Where does WORP_Utilities.getDBVar get the variable value from?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post