Focal Point
[SHARING] WF8 save parameter has changed

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7337015476

January 30, 2015, 01:42 PM
MartinY
[SHARING] WF8 save parameter has changed
I'm in the process to migrate to 8.0.0.9 and I discover the following and maybe you already know, but for those who don't...

We have the "Save Parameter" button on each HTML page and each page are defined to be multilanguage where the control's label are also multilanguage using: « !IBI.AMP.xxxx; » to display the label text in the proper language.

So to perform this, what is visible to the user it's a fex that calls the HTML : because it needs a fex to assign the « !IBI.AMP.xxxx; » variables.

Prior to WF8, it is the fex that is referenced (saved) in the parameters file:
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIMR_fex"  value="app/adjustments_control.fex"/>

Now in WF8, it's the HTML that is referenced (saved):
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBFS_path" value="/WFC/Repository/finances/std_reports/reportsrxjr7/adjctrl.htm"/>

So the « !IBI.AMP.xxxx; » cannot be resolved when the saved parameters are reloaded so the page don't have the proper labels text; it displays « !IBI.AMP.xxxx; »

I've been told that now with WF8 a HTML file will be saved and not anymore a FEX.

Still waiting for a solution to this other than having to re-design everything...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
April 20, 2015, 10:15 AM
vaayu
Hello Martin,
I am wondering if you can help me resolve an issue with SaveParm control in WF8. I just created a simple HTML page using devstudio and I cannot see the control on the portal unless I login as administrator. Any thoughts?

Appreciate your input.

Sandbox: 8206.10
Dev: 8201M
Prod:8009
April 20, 2015, 11:03 AM
MartinY
Hi Pawan,

I haven't encounter this issue yet, but with 7.7 it was related with the "Save entered values" option of the user's configuration in Managed Reporting Administration".

So I would say that it's something similar in WF8 but due to architecture change I suggest to look at group privileges. There is probably somewhere that is missing a "write" access.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007