Focal Point
holdmast

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7361018331

December 02, 2004, 08:53 PM
Saif K
holdmast
Hello,

I am trying to save master file on the server for the hold file I am creating. Following syntax is not working for me. I will appreciate any suggestion. (WF523 on Win2K)

FILEDEF HOLDMAST DIR D:\IBI
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEST1 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
December 02, 2004, 10:02 PM
Piipster
Try

APP HOLD appname

Where appname is a subfolder in D:\ibi\apps.
December 03, 2004, 12:24 AM
<WFUser>
APP HOLD is probably the better way to go but if you want to use HOLDMAST, I believe the syntax is SET HOLDMAST=drive:\\dir
December 03, 2004, 03:57 AM
susannah
Your syntax is correct, Saif. No idea why it doesn't work. Might you have TEMPDIR set to something earlier in your fex, or in your edasprof? But here's work around. I have stopped using FILEDEF HOLDMAST completely, because it parks too much interim stuff on the designated drives, and in a long fex i have to turn it on, turn it off, turn it on...yuck.
So, instead i leave it unset, and just copy the master file out of the agent and write it to the designated directory.
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMP1 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
CMD COPY TEMP1.MAS D:\IBI\TEMP1.MAS
This works for me like a charm. I only copy what i need and have no foc$hold.mas hanging around.
I also make sure that my TEMPDIR is set to the agent i'm in. just to make sure i'm not tripping over it.
-SET &MYPATH = TEMPPATH(40,'A40');
SET TEMPDIR = &MYPATH
December 03, 2004, 12:05 PM
Saif K
Thank you Susannah, your solution worked for me, though the above two solutions given by pillippo and WF user did not work me. Also my own syntax was correct as per the book and it did not work.
I appreciate your help.
December 07, 2004, 04:05 PM
susannah
you might want to search and find where your master is going.
WHENCE TEMP1 MASTER
is the command that will find the first occurrence in your path of the master named temp1.
December 07, 2004, 04:31 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
If your WebFOCUS server is "APP enabled", i.e., using APP PATH ... to set up the application paths, then the FILEDEF will not work, the APP HOLD appname will work.

If you're using EDAPATH to set up the application paths, then FILEDEF will work.

Or something like that!
December 07, 2004, 04:35 PM
Carol Dobson
I also add;

SET TEMPERASE = OFF