Focal Point
[CLOSED] Is there way to find what reports are accessed by who in MRE

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7367062036

April 18, 2013, 02:27 PM
FOCdeveloper
[CLOSED] Is there way to find what reports are accessed by who in MRE
Hi

There are several domains setup and several reports created for those domains by people who are no longer working.

Is there any way to find what reports are being accessed/run last time and by who..?

need to inventory and cleanup the environment..

thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7
April 18, 2013, 03:02 PM
bug
No a webfocus admin. From developer's stand point, maybe you can write a fex to save the log into a database, and include this fex into each MRE report you want to track.

7.66 and 7.704
System: Windows / AIX / Linux
Output: Mostly HTML, with some PDF, Excel and Lotus(!)
April 18, 2013, 03:14 PM
John_Edwards
You can put source code into your edasprof to capture IBIMR_user and IBIMR_fex and place them into a text file or table. Over time you can gather statistics this way.

If you have Resource Analyzer installed it may already be doing this for you, so see if it's on your machine. It can tell you all kinds of things about your system's utilization.

J.

April 19, 2013, 07:13 AM
Alex
Check with your Admin. If Resource Analyzer is installed there are reports that can give you that history. If not either license RA or follow Joh Edwards advise.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF
April 19, 2013, 10:21 AM
FOCdeveloper
quote:
edasprof

Thank you bug, john and Alex..

I dont have Resource Analyzer .. will see if I can get access to this... someone said that it was resource hog.. so not using it.. I will definitely check this..

John can you show a sample file to capture IBIMR_user and IBIMR_fex .. I will test this on my local servere

thanks all

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7
April 21, 2013, 12:25 PM
FrankDutch
your request was already there.

look at this posting from Francis log_use

you have to install this in all your fexes. this might be a big job to do, but at the end you get a lot of information.
Resource analyzer does more, but you may not need that.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

April 22, 2013, 03:03 AM
Alan B
Don't forget _site_profile. This can then run processes for all calls via the WebFOCUS client.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
April 22, 2013, 07:31 AM
Alex
The WebFOCUS Client also has a Session Monitor which can be turned on to log all WebFOCUS Client
sessions. The information includes what was executed, what time, by what reporting server user id, and lots of other information. You could develop a fex to capture this information from the log and insert it into a database for later analysis. You can find the documentation for this in the Security Manual.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF