Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dashboard Composer - Automatic auto-arrange of chained controls

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/738101615

August 26, 2010, 09:01 AM
Craig Kozlow
[CLOSED] Dashboard Composer - Automatic auto-arrange of chained controls
I have 8 chained listboxes on an HTML launch page going left to right. The intial Dashboard Composer 'Parameters' layout screen allowed me to chain and bind these all together, as they displayed unarranged on the layout screen. At the end of the initial editing, all chained controls were viewable along with their chained directions (arrows).

When I saved this page and then opened it up for modification, the 9 controls (list boxes) were all horizontally auto-arranged left to right in a straight line. So far so good... BUT...

2 of the 9 chained controls are now unaccessable. The 'Parameters' screen was not big enough to show them all, so the 2 most right controls are not viewable in that they were 'auto-arranged' right off the viewable 'Parameters' layout screen! There is a scroll bar on the bottom that allows me to partially scroll to one of them, but that's all I can access.

This may have been happening all along in other releases (I'm on 7.6.11), as I've never had more than 3 or 4 chained controls before. Just wondering if anyone knows a way to undo this auto-arrange. Note: I did not choose auto-arrange (right click on 'Parameters' screen displays this as an option), I just saved and re-opened the page and it happened automatically. There does not seem a way to undo this nor scroll to these non-viewable controls.

I've tried unbinding the controls and re-locating the last viewable control to another section of the screen (drag and drop) but nothing seems to work. Is there a trick to scrolling to these last 3 controls? Has anyone run into this before? Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

PROD:WebFOCUS 7.6.11 on UNIX accessing FOCUS, Oracle, SQLServer
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.7.1 on UNIX accessing FOCUS, Oracle, SQLServer
August 26, 2010, 11:16 AM
Craig Kozlow
Can Close. Found a horizontal scroll bar for 'Parameter' layout screen under vertical scroll bar for entire screen. Clear as mud, eh?!!

PROD:WebFOCUS 7.6.11 on UNIX accessing FOCUS, Oracle, SQLServer
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.7.1 on UNIX accessing FOCUS, Oracle, SQLServer