Focal Point
[CLOSED] Error Writing output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7437085296

February 11, 2020, 03:46 PM
WFDevConsultant
[CLOSED] Error Writing output
We are trying to write a PDF file in to shared drive. It is working when we try writing in to Reporting server but the shared drive is throwing "Error writing output" error.
We did tried the ID which is running the webfocus directly in Windows Explorer and that id is able to create a file in the shared drive.

What Am I Missing here?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Windows, All Formats
February 11, 2020, 03:57 PM
Waz
You need to see what id is running on the reporting server.

Try the command "! whoami" and see what is returns

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 11, 2020, 05:25 PM
WFDevConsultant
Let me check that. Thanks

Windows, All Formats
February 12, 2020, 04:49 PM
NewBee...WF8
Make sure the ID with which WebFOCUS servers are configured has access to the shared drive that you are trying to write pdf file.

Incase the ID does not have access to the shared drive then full permission should be granted on ID to access the shared drive.

From WebFOCUS side you must APPMAP to link the drive with WebFOCUS.

give it a try and let me know.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
February 19, 2020, 09:46 AM
WFDevConsultant
When I try "! whoami", it gives me nt authority\system

Windows, All Formats
February 19, 2020, 02:02 PM
Waz
The next question is, how is the reporting server set up ?

As it does not seem to be set up to tun agents under the connecting ID's credentials.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 21, 2020, 12:20 AM
StuBouyer
The default user for Windows services is "Local System", however the Windows "Local System" user doesn't have access to shared drives by design.

There are ways to get access for "Local System" but they can leave huge security holes.

The safest and easiest option is to run the Reporting Server under a Windows service account and give that account access to the shared drives.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)