Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WRAP /Style in HTML CSS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WRAP /Style in HTML CSS
 Login/Join

<Vany>
posted
Hai,

We are trying to generate a report in Web Focus.
Output format is HTML.
we have many sections in the report
with
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
HTMLCODE
-HTMLFORM END

and also I have set HTMLCSS=ON
But, when i'm trying to set style for each of the columns like column width, wrap, sueeze,
The report is not being rendered correctly.
has anyone faced a similar issue?
Any workaround for this?

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem some weeks ago.
And I came to the conclusion that those styling options only work with the PDF output type for example and not in HTML.
Same for page breaking by the way.

Posts: 44 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 10, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
? have you got an ACROSS in the report request

TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=N1,
WRAP=6.000000,
$

Works fine for HTML/HTMLTABLE output Except when there is an across.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
The first thing to do is NOT SET HTMLCSS=ON.

Then, using the WEBFOCUS stylesheet, assign CLASSes to the data columns. Then include the CSS stylesheet in you HTML page. Your CSS styles should now work. It's not a good idea mixing the classes created by HTMLCSS=ON and your own.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a clue as to what SET HTMLCSS=ON does?

Or is there any documentation on the IBI site about what is contained in this "internal stylesheet"? I looked, but couldn't find what I wanted.

Or is it an actual file hiding somewhere among the many files installed by WebFOCUS?

We couldn't get a very simple .sty file to work correctly without SETting HTMLCSS=ON. The 2 columns being used in the heading kept running into each other.

But your advice, Pietro, is to not use it at all.

After reading the many chapters on stylesheets, I came away with the impression that ONLY WebFOCUS stylesheets could be made to work with all 3 output formats--web, pdf, and excel.

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
suzy...i applaud your comment. "style sheets " needs to be a whole topic a summit and a whole special doc area. "everything you ever wanted to know about..."
Pietro is my best source for help with style sheet problems.
We need a handle on what each focus command does and how to xlate it to what happens in real html.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
HTMLCSS "Creates an inline Cascading Style Sheet command in the HTML page that displays the report output"

It creates one, it does use an existing one. Set it to ON and view the source of the resulting HTML page. Somewhere near the top you will see an embedded CSS style sheet that was created by WebFOCUS.

Here's an example on how to wrap a column using CSS styling.

SET HTMLCSS=OFF
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
HEADING
" "
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD01 FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MODEL, CLASS=CSS_MODEL, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

!IBI.FIL.HOLD01;

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip and the example, Pietro. I'll look at what WF generates and see whether we can duplicate the functionality in our external css.

Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post