Focal Point
[CLOSED] Customizing Domain Tree in Dashboard Page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/747105224

April 19, 2010, 07:52 AM
Chirag
[CLOSED] Customizing Domain Tree in Dashboard Page
Hi,

We have a dashboard page in which domain tree is shown on left hand side. The reports are shown under standard reports folder. But we are also shown Reporting Object folder, My Folders and Shared Reports folder as well. These folders are of no use to us and we would not like to see them on the page. Also, when we left click the report, it shows run, run defered, schedule, add to favourite. Except run, others links are not used and users do not want to see those.
Can somebody please guide me how to change this domain tree. This is something which comes automatically when we select domain tree in the view builder. Please suggest, how can we customize it.

Thanks,
Chirag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

April 19, 2010, 08:12 AM
Jean-Pierre
Hi Chirag,

you can edit various in the group views of the view builder, like the design, the content and other options. Go to edit options/edit configuration (don't know the exact button, I got the german version). There are options to hide several folders from different roles ( hideReportingObjectsFromTheseRoles, hideMyReportsFromTheseRoles, hideSharedReportsFromTheseRoles, hideOtherFilesFromTheseRoles, hideStandardReportsFromTheseRoles). I hope this answers your first question.

I think the available options for a click on a report are also customizable over the roles, but I don't know the exact configuration.

Greets,
JP

-----
WebFOCUS 7.6.4 on Windows Server 2003 with Oracle DB / MS SQL Server
April 21, 2010, 08:01 AM
Chirag
Hi Jean,
In my webfocus version, i couldn't find edit options/edit configuration and option to hide several folders.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

April 21, 2010, 04:07 PM
eb
I think this feature that Jean-Pierre is talking about is in version 7.6.9. or greater.

Erfan
WF 7.6.5 Dev Studio / BID / Info Assist / Report Caster

WF 7.6.5 / BID / Info Assist / Report Caster - HTML/PDF/EXCEL
April 22, 2010, 12:22 AM
Chirag
Is there any solution available for WF 7.1.4?

Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

April 23, 2010, 08:23 AM
Jean-Pierre
hmm, I'm using Version 7.6.4 and later ones. These options are available there. Unfortunately I don't did not use a 7.1.4 yet.

-----
WebFOCUS 7.6.4 on Windows Server 2003 with Oracle DB / MS SQL Server
May 14, 2010, 07:43 AM
Chirag
I couldn't find any solution in 714. Planning to upgrade the current webfocus to 76 series.

Thanks,
Chirag