Focal Point
Reportcaster and dynamic address

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7501060871

July 28, 2006, 12:24 PM
texascyclone
Reportcaster and dynamic address
Can somebody tell me what is wrong with this?

This is my fex for the dynamic address

-INCLUDE testrcst
-RUN
-IF &LINES EQ 0 GOTO ENDRPT;
SET ASNAMES =ON
TABLE FILE MYADD
PRINT
MY_ADD AS 'DEST'
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END

-ENDRPT
SET ASNAMES =ON
TABLE FILE MYADD
PRINT
MY_ADD AS 'DEST'
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END

I am getting an error; the number of character equal to the length of my email address are added infront of my email address making my email address invalid.

Thanks.
July 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
KevinG
The leading character count is the same behavior we see in 7.1.3 with VARCHARS. We had to make the setting change in edasprof...
ENGINE DB2 SET VARCHAR OFF

Don't know about your data source or WF version, but that is the same behavior we now see with VARCHARS unless we make the setting above.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX
July 28, 2006, 12:49 PM
texascyclone
WF 7.1.3 AND Oracle.
I will try that setting and see if it cures the problem.

Thanks.
July 28, 2006, 01:15 PM
texascyclone
Thank you very much Kevin!

Yes, adding that solved the problem.
July 28, 2006, 01:31 PM
KevinG
You are welcome...I should mention that that setting can be applied dynamically inside your focexecs and can be reversed in the focexecs as well. We made the choice to turn VARCHAR OFF globally (in edasprof)rather than retrofit all of our existing code. If we do run across the need for this new VARCHAR fuctionality, we know we will have to issue the ENGINE DB2 SET VARCHAR ON command on an individual focexec basis.

Glad it worked for you,

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX
July 28, 2006, 04:20 PM
dhagen
Just a note here:

If you set the VARCHAR stuff before you create the master files, then they will be built without the "V" on the USAGE and ACTUAL attributes. Otherwise, you can edit your masters and remove the "V"'s so you will not have to issue the VARCHAR setting anymore.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
July 28, 2006, 04:47 PM
KevinG
d,

Good point if you are using MFDs to access the data. If however, you are using SQL pass-thru the SQL VARCHAR command is invaluable.

Keivn

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX