Focal Point
[CLOSED] A few questions while using Precision Report in Dev Studio

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7527081306

May 03, 2011, 09:35 AM
Jay Gandhi
[CLOSED] A few questions while using Precision Report in Dev Studio
Is anyone using precision report for letters? I am very new to using Precision Report and mostly use GUI tool. I have created Scholarship Awards letter using Precision Report in Developer Studio and have run into following issues:

1. I would like to change the font for a few text boxes I have created in "Heading" area, but do not know how to change it.

2. In the Data Matrix Region area, where a list of awarded scholarships shows up for a student, I would like to have a line between rows, but I am not sure how to create a line between rows.

3. How do I make the Data Matrix - Region of a floating size so that if there is only one scholarship for the student, the footing text floats up and not have so much blank space between the data matrix and Footing section?

4. In my Footing section, when I put a single quote - (e.g. 'Yes') or double quotes (e.g. "Yes") to highlight a particular word, it gives me syntax error. How can I have either a single quote or double quotes inside a text box?

Thanks!
Jay Gandhi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Just signed on - don't known these details yet

WebFOCUS version TBD
UNIX
Excel, PDF, HTML, txt files in may be delimited form
May 03, 2011, 05:44 PM
Waz
I think all these questions are answered in the documentation.

FONT, SKIP-LINE, FOOTING.

As Footing text is surrounded by double quotes, you cannot use them in the text. You can use them in a field.
As for the single quotes, they should work.

Can you post the code ?, please use the code tags.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!