Focal Point
Radio Button Missing on HTML Page [SOLVED]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/754106381

July 17, 2009, 03:21 PM
<trima>
Radio Button Missing on HTML Page [SOLVED]
We have created a dashboard page and have had some of the employees testing the functionality of the page. We have radio buttons so that a user can choose the output type (HTML or Excel). A couple of user can see the radio button in front of HTML, but the radio button in front of Excel is missing.

The users have IE6 with SP2 or SP3.

Have you ever seen this problem? Do you have a solution?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <trima>,
July 17, 2009, 05:47 PM
Doug
Just for starters: Make sure the radio buttons are not behind anything from within the HTML Composer. If so, primary-click on the raio button then selecet "Bring to Front". Also check to ensure that the radio buttons properties "columns" is set to whatever it that yuo need.
July 20, 2009, 09:27 AM
<trima>
Doug,

Everyone in our test group (approx 30 people)can see the radio buttons except for two people. I've tried changing my resolution, font size, etc. But cannot get mine to go away. I am at a loss.
July 20, 2009, 09:38 AM
Francis Mariani
This doesn't sound like a WebFOCUS problem, but a local workstation issue, OS or web browser.

Have you tried to view the web page source code on the two PC's that do not display the radio button correctly? That is where I'd start.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
July 20, 2009, 05:41 PM
<trima>
Figured out that the font size of the values associated with the radio buttons was not specified on the HTML Composer. Therefore, whenever the user changed to IE text size it effected where the radio buttons were placed. The font is white so that the values do not appear, only a picture. So I could not see that the font size was being effected by the user.

Once I defined the font size in the HTML Composer the user could no longer change it on their workstation.