Focal Point
Can multiple websites connect to same reporting server?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7561078331

July 06, 2005, 05:36 PM
dballest
Can multiple websites connect to same reporting server?
I have a couple of websites that I'd like to be able to connect to a single webfocus reporting server. This is so I can leverage some in-house javascript code we use to build HTML menus for navigation (each server has its own set of menu include files with the same names)

The default website that was setup initally works fine. However, the new website I created can't seem to serve up webfocus reports. For testing, I created the new website on the same IIS server as the one that works. The virtual directories are set up and have the correct security settings. However, when I use the new website URL, my reports do not display.

I've been searching through the documentation to find out if there are any special communication settings that I need to configure, but I'm not seeing anything that describes what I'm trying to do. Does webfocus support this architecture?

Thanks.
July 07, 2005, 06:20 PM
dballest
As an update the CGI interface seems to work fine. However, the servlet interface does not work. The HTML returned from webfocus is:

<title>WORP Error Page</title>
<h5><font color='red'>Internal Error</font></h5>