Focal Point
[SOLVED] (FOC358) ERROR ISSUING FILEDEF COMMAND

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/757105982

November 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
JohnB
[SOLVED] (FOC358) ERROR ISSUING FILEDEF COMMAND
I have a WebFOCUS application I built which works fine. I need to change the location of the output file to a different server. Below is the original APP FI which worked fine and is commented out, and the new APP FI which points to a location on the adhara server. This new APP FI results in the (FOC358) ERROR ISSUING FILEDEF COMMAND.

Any ideas on what's causing the problem and how to fix it? I suspect it has to do with the spaces in some of the directory names.

-*APP FILEDEF CLIENT_POSITION_LOADER DISK &&MSA_DOMAIN.EVAL\FOCAPPS\CLIENT_POSITION\CLIENT_POSITION_LOADER.XLS

APP FILEDEF CLIENT_POSITION_LOADER DISK \\adhara\Credit\Sheppard Mullin\Client Position and Liability\TBR\Position Statement\CLIENT_POSITION_LOADER.XLS

Thank you,

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JohnB,

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF
November 10, 2009, 01:05 PM
JohnB
Well, nothing like having someone (or something) to bounce your thoughts off of!

The cause was the spaces and enclosing the path and file name in double quotes was all it needed:

APP FILEDEF CLIENT_POSITION_LOADER DISK "\\adhara\Credit\Sheppard Mullin\Client Position and Liability\TBR\Position Statement\CLIENT_POSITION_LOADER.XLS"

Regards,

John

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF