Focal Point
[CLOSED]Password Protect Document

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7577052086

January 13, 2016, 10:42 AM
Angela H Edwards
[CLOSED]Password Protect Document
My university is on version 7703. Is there a way to password protect a document in Report Caster?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
January 13, 2016, 10:58 AM
BabakNYC
I can't remember if this is available on 7.x but the 8.105 manual says the following:

You can include a password in a Distribution File. If you include a password in a Distribution File, the distribution output is encrypted in a password protected Zip file if the Zip option is selected. This option is only available if the ReportCaster Server Configuration option, Zip Encryption Password Plug-in, is set to None. When the ReportCaster Server Configuration option, Zip Encryption Password Plug-in, is set to Default or to a custom value, passwords in a Distribution File are ignored because the plug-in provides passwords.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
January 18, 2016, 02:28 PM
<Emily McAllister>
Hello Angela and welcome to the Focal Point Forums!

You may want to take a look at the ReportCaster Administration manual. Chapter 3 starting on page 36 goes into detail about ReportCaster security and should be a big help in making sure your documents are secure.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or need further assistance.

Thanks,
Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator