Focal Point
[SOLVED] Custom Servlet Plug-in help

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7581032903

December 02, 2008, 12:36 PM
scooter
[SOLVED] Custom Servlet Plug-in help
I'm attempting to create a custom servlet plug-in but I'm not sure I'm heading down the right path. On our website we have functions that encrypt and decrypt our querystring into one long hash. I want to port that so it can be used in WebFocus. I already have a java class that will do this, and it looks like it would be somewhat straighforward to extend it to use with WebFocus. I'm not quite following how I would make use of the decrypted querystring values. I see things like CopySessionVarToWFVar but those all look to me as taking something that exists and copy it somewhere else. How do I make a NEW session or WF Variable?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Scott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WF 7.6
Windows 2003

Go SOONERS!
December 02, 2008, 12:49 PM
Francis Mariani
scooter,

You may wish to send dhagen a private message - I believe this is an area of his expertise.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 03, 2008, 04:56 PM
StuBouyer
scooter,

Have a look at Appendix A of the WebFOCUS Security and Administration Version 7 Release 6.1 and Higher (DN4500790.0408). This outlines creating and setting up your own WebFOCUS plugin.

I recently used it to add AES decryption for cookie variables passed by an ASP app to WebFOCUS.

Another option is to use Servlet filters - although I haven't tried that myself.

Cheers

Stuart

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)