Focal Point
Calendar on Html Layout Painter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7591020862

January 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
Nelsont
Calendar on Html Layout Painter
I have a calander on my launch page and just want it to show current date.
Here is the code from the html text
<INPUT id=calendar1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 320px; WIDTH: 130px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 180px" tabIndex=1 maxLength=8 accept=0 size=8 name=APDDT elementtype="14" datasource datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" operation addalloption="0" calendardata="0/0/0;0/0/1" calendardatatype="1" ibiformat="YYMD" boundtovariable="1" selectedvalue> 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS Dev Studio 8105m
January 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
Anatess
Nelsont,
Do you want it to always return current date or do you intend for it to show the current date at first then the user can change it to any other date? The reason I'm asking is, if it will always return current date, then you can just hide that parameter and set it to current date in the fex. But, if you expect users to change it, then you can do some javascript code to set it to current date at window onload if calendar1 is empty.

regards,
Anatess

WF 8.1.05 Windows
January 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
Trav
We use javascript to do this. There are a number of javascript functions and probably a hundred different ways depending on what results you want -- but here is an example of one that get's yesterday's date and puts it into the calendar control in the format we want:

var today = new Date( );
today.setDate(today.getDate() - 1);
var t_date = today.getDate();
if (t_date<10) {t_date='0'+t_date};
var t_mnth = today.getMonth()+1;
if (t_mnth<10) {t_mnth='0'+t_mnth};
var t_year = today.getFullYear();
if (t_year<10) {t_year='0'+t_year};
var end_date = t_mnth+"/"+t_date+"/"+t_year;

document.forms[0].PARM_DATE.value = end_date;

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>