Focal Point
[CLOSED] Find and Replace string in master file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7607025026

May 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
Kamesh
[CLOSED] Find and Replace string in master file
Hi,

We converted all the master files to point to new tables using the JDEdwards adapter. The problem we have now is with the latest version the description fields in master file has different name then the existing one.

For ex: 'Sales_Representative_Desc' shows in the new version as 'Sales_Representative_Code_Desc_1'.

Most of our reports are failing because of that. So, we are planning to write some conversion process to run against those master files to change the field to the new text.

Did anybody worked on this? Please let me know your thoughts, comments, and suggestions.

Thanks

Kamesh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
May 25, 2012, 06:00 AM
Alex
I found the best way to make changes like this are with a Text Editor like Textpad which allows you to use the Find/Replace funtion on multiple files.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF
May 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
ABT
quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
I found the best way to make changes like this are with a Text Editor like Textpad which allows you to use the Find/Replace funtion on multiple files.

+1 -- I do things like this all day long in TextPad.

-ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro
May 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Don Garland
Copy all of the master files to another directory. If you don't have it, download UltraEdit http://www.ultraedit.com/

From the Menu, use the 'Search in Files' feature.

Good luck, mass replace can be a tricky.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL