Focal Point
[CLOSED] Report Template and Reporting standerdizations

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/761106924

April 28, 2010, 12:25 AM
Arif
[CLOSED] Report Template and Reporting standerdizations
What is the best way to create report template to use for majorty of the reports requested by management?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML
April 28, 2010, 12:36 AM
Waz
This is a very subjective request, as management reports can vary widely.

One starting point would be styling. you can create generic stylesheets, and point to it in each report.

There are probably many more suggestions.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

April 28, 2010, 12:12 PM
<José Andrés Vargas Aguilar>
Arif, Waz is right. You should specify more what your means are.

I, for example, use stylesheet files that I include at the end of my reports to apply a template "look and feel" (just before the END). How?

-INCLUDE bkw54/bkwstyleanalisis.fex

Where "bkw54/" is the WebFocus application name where mi stylesheets are and the rest is the name of the desired template.

Basicly this allows you to "write" code automatically into your fex. And supossing that eventually you'll want to change the backcolor of your reports from blue to red you just edit the stylesheet and all of the reports that have included it automatically change.

It works like CSS and HTML.

Ultimately WebFocus "translates" all this to a CSS code that your browser understands or to the correspondent "Styling Code" that the output file tipe requires (PDF, XLS, etc).