Focal Point
[CLOSED] Worp-out! Dashboard Viewbuilder messed up!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7651042562

January 09, 2008, 09:57 AM
Francis Mariani
[CLOSED] Worp-out! Dashboard Viewbuilder messed up!
One of my colleagues was reassigning user views to group views by performing the following activity:

At some point during this process, after logging in to ViewBuilder, clicking on "Group Views" gives us a "There are no Group Views" message and clicking on "Manage Users" gives us the dreaded HTTP 500 message.

We've opened a case with Tech Support but I'm hoping to solve the problem myself - I'm not sure where to begin.

I'm looking for how ViewBuilder determines the list of Group Views, it can't be just by looking in the folder Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\worp\worp_custom.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 11, 2008, 12:39 PM
Trav
Francis, are you looking for the c:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\worp\conf\mpv.xml file?

That has the list of groups and the list of users and their default views.

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF
January 15, 2008, 09:16 AM
mcav
Please let me know what comes of this as I have encountered the same issue in the past.

Thank you,

Mike

WebFOCUS Dev Studio 7.7.03
Windows 2003 64bit
HTML/Excel2K/PDF Output Formats
August 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joey Sandoval
Does anyone have a resolution to this? Our mpv.xml got cleared out when one of our guys reassigned a user view. We replaced the corrupted mpv.xml with a copy from our nightly backup, but we are still experiencing the HTTP 500 message when we click on the available views.

Prod/Dev: WebFOCUS 8.0.08 on Windows Server 2008/Tomcat , WebFOCUS DevStudio 8.0.08 on Windows 7 Pro

August 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
mikegalu
Did you recycle the web-application and clear the cache through the admin console?
August 14, 2012, 08:48 PM
dhagen
This isn't a solution, but one of the first things I do on a dev or testing install is edit the web.xml and comment out the following:
  <error-page>
      <error-code>500</error-code>
      <location>/applicationErrorPage.jsp</location>
  </error-page>  

This is a catch all for error messages, and prevents you from seeing the actual exception. This may not help, but this has helped me a lot in the past for isolating errors.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott