Focal Point
Specifying the APP PATH as a variable on a launch page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7661098331

September 09, 2005, 09:23 PM
Francis Mariani
Specifying the APP PATH as a variable on a launch page
Is there a WebFOCUS form variable (IBIC_???) with which I can pass an APP PATH that overrides the configured one?

Thanks.
September 09, 2005, 09:28 PM
reFOCUSing
Give IBIAPP_app a try.

I currently do this to switch between production and development.
September 09, 2005, 09:46 PM
Francis Mariani
That's exactly what I need it for.

<INPUT type=hidden value="test ggdemo baseapp" name ="IBIAPP_app">

Thanks a lot.
September 09, 2005, 09:56 PM
reFOCUSing
No problem. Just remember if you do any drill downs you will need to pass a second variable with the same info as IBIAPP_app because you will not be able to call IBIAPP_app in your fex.
September 09, 2005, 10:20 PM
Tony A
Francis,

You can also specify APP PATH app1 app2 etc. within your code
September 12, 2005, 07:51 PM
mgrackin
Is it just me or does using IBIAPP_app only act like a PREPEND to the APPPATH? When I include IBIAPP_app in the FORM, I can still get to files in other applications on the APPPATH. The only difference is that the application I specified in the IBIAPP_app is searched first.

I tested this with WebFOCUS 7.1
September 13, 2005, 02:31 PM
Francis Mariani
Mickey, I will test the IBIAPP_app to let you know if this is happening in my environment.

Meanwhile, I have a question regarding switching between test and prod.

IBIAPP_app will set where to get the Fexes and Masters from, but what about images, JavaScript files, HTML files etc?

They're referenced like this:
<script language="JavaScript" src="../../approot/eqp/js_library.js"></script>
Short of making the "eqp" in that link a DM variable, has anyone come up with a better idea?
September 13, 2005, 02:47 PM
Tony A
Francis,

SET BASEURL=url might give you what you want, but take note of all those references such as ../../ to ensure the BASE HREF in your HTML is what you need.