Focal Point
[CLOSED] Ad-Hoc Reporting

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/767107345

October 07, 2010, 02:59 PM
kupa
[CLOSED] Ad-Hoc Reporting
Which product is required for me to build a dashboard where users can create their own reports?

Is it InfoAssist or Report Assistance?

Thanks,
Imani

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
October 07, 2010, 03:14 PM
GinnyJakes
With MRE, you get the Report Assistant. InfoAssist works inside of MRE but there is an extra charge.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
October 07, 2010, 03:24 PM
GamP
Yes, MRE allows you to create your own reports using a version of the Report Assistant.
This same tool can be used from within a custom built or standard dashboard, be it public or group.
The InfoAssist can also be run from within the dashboard environment, but also as a stand-alone development tool. And as Ginny points out, for IA (and/or MyIA) there is an extra charge.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
October 08, 2010, 09:12 AM
kupa
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Is there some documentation that shows me how to build a custom dashboard to use Report Assistant?

Thanks Imani

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
January 26, 2011, 03:54 PM
jseaburn
kupa,

Are you looking for something that allows your users to create their own, parameter-driven reports? I personally built our 'guided' ad-hoc tool using the HTML Composer and Report Painter in Dev Studio in 7.6.10. There is a class on offered by IBI on this and a webinar. I am also going to be presenting it at Summit this year. If I have a better understanding of what you're after, I might be able to help.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Linux / Universe Db
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/HTML Active