Focal Point
[SOLVED]How to prevent a drop down list overlaid

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7677080076

April 10, 2014, 09:18 AM
Pku
[SOLVED]How to prevent a drop down list overlaid
Hi all,

I have a GUI designed in HTML compose (7.7.03) that contains several drop down lists with multiple selections. The issue is that when a multiple dropdown menu is expanded, its list of items is overlaid(covered) by the other dropdown lists beneath it.
I have tried the following things to bring the menu up to front:
1/ Changed the Z-INDEX.
2/ Used property options "Bring to front" and "Move forward".
3/ Deleted and recreated it.

Thanks for your help.
Pku

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pku,

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows
April 10, 2014, 12:00 PM
J
Would it be possible to use listboxes instead of dropdown list? Also, the order of the xml nodes for the dropdownlists may be the cause of this. You may be able to rearrange the xml to solve your issue.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
April 10, 2014, 12:14 PM
J
Yea, I just confirmed it. The order of the drop down input control xml nodes matter (basically the order you created the dropdowns). I would backup the html file and then reorder the xml nodes so that the dropdowns closer to the top of the page appear first.

BTW This problem only seems to happen when the dropdown is multiselect and multiple values have already been selected and the user is going back in to change the values.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
April 10, 2014, 05:42 PM
Pku
Thanks, J. I got it resolved now by playing around with the right click options: "Bring to front" and "Send to back" on the controls. By doing this, it might change the order of the input control of XML dropdown nodes as you suggested.

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows