Focal Point
[CLOSED] Problem with link to drilldown report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7717046795

January 26, 2011, 02:23 PM
Theresa
[CLOSED] Problem with link to drilldown report
I have an html report which contains a link to a drilldown report (an fex). I am getting the link on the html report results if I send all my parameters using the columns with the following code:

FOCEXEC=get_images_for_subreport.fex (INCIDENT_ID=N1 VEHICLE_MAKE=N3 VEHICLE_MODEL=N4 CON_TYPE=N6 ), 

But that is not giving me all of the information I need on the drilldown report. For the last three parameters I need to take the values from the dropdowns at the top of the html report, not the values that are in the first line for the incident ID. I tried changing the code to the following, but I don't get a link when I use these parameters:

FOCEXEC=get_images_for_subreport.fex (INCIDENT_ID=N1 VEHICLE_MAKE='&VEHICLE_MAKE' VEHICLE_MODEL='&VEHICLE_MODEL' CON_TYPE='&CON_TYPE' ), 

I also tried without the single quotes, but still didn't get my links to the drilldown report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML
January 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
Francis Mariani
If those three Dialogue Manager variables exist, try changing the drill-down syntax to:

FOCEXEC=get_images_for_subreport ( \
INCIDENT_ID=N1 \
VEHICLE_MAKE='&VEHICLE_MAKE' \
VEHICLE_MODEL='&VEHICLE_MODEL' \
CON_TYPE='&CON_TYPE' \
), $

Having the drill-down on one line with the embedded values of the variables may be making it too long for WF to interpret.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 26, 2011, 03:26 PM
Enigma006
Suggestion by Francis should work.. I do the same when there are more parameters. Tool does it in multiple lines rather than one long line.

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
January 27, 2011, 08:57 AM
Theresa
Francis,
That worked to give me the links again. Thanks!
Now the problem is that some of my dropdowns have ALL chosen, so I am being prompted for values for those when the drilldown report opens. If I set default values to 'FOC_NONE' in the called fex, will that take care of it?

Thanks!
Theresa

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML