Focal Point
[CLOSED] 7703 Advanced Graphing tool..

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7737022176

June 16, 2014, 10:38 PM
RobertF
[CLOSED] 7703 Advanced Graphing tool..
I almost hate to ask. We have a functioing dashboard. The User selects a Dept, a report pops up along with 4 charts. (each its own fex)

A HTML launch page is used calling a 'driver fex' that contains code for a DEPT prompt whose chosen value is passed to the report and chart fexes.

Note when developing the graph fexes (something new for us) we found the need to set a default for the DEPT parameter in order to be able to invoke the advanced graphing tool.

Now they wanted to be able to pick more than one Dept and combine the results.

I altered the 'driver fex' to prompt a multiselect or. As soon as I did so I noticed I can no longer access the Advanced Graphic Tool GUI without error!

I tried something similar with an unrelated fex creating a graph. If my parameter uses a MULTISELCT OR, I can not open, or reopen the grapghing GUI.

Thougths....we are new to graphing but I do not recall this covered in class....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
June 18, 2014, 07:38 AM
J
Did you change your defaulted value to have the multiselect triple quotes? i.e.
 -DEFAULT &var = '''value'''; 

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
June 20, 2014, 04:34 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Robert,

The WHERE parameter should be multi-enabled (OR(FIND…..). Then, when you hyperlink the FOCEXEC to the control, it multiple enables the control.

Regards,

Kathryn