Focal Point
[CLOSED]Best tool to create detailed report of one record?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7737033976

November 13, 2015, 11:20 AM
A Fisher
[CLOSED]Best tool to create detailed report of one record?
Please pardon the (obvious) newbie question.

Below I've linked the output of a (heavily redacted) report that I would like to create in WebFOCUS. What would be the easiest way to create something along these lines?

InfoAssist seems more focused on providing tabular data, a bunch of rows, while the report I'm looking to create is a lot of fields, across multiple tables, from one record.

1) Is there a GUI tool, (including either DevStudio or AppStudio) that would be able to generate this type of output?
2) Am I relegated to learning the WebFOCUS language to produce this, which has a high barrier to entry?

Again, pardon my ignorance: the breadth of tools IBI offers to complete a task has made this a little daunting.

Thanks!

Example Report Output on Google Drive

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1 / App Studio 8.2.0.1 (04092014) / Windows 7 / HTML5, PDF, XLS
November 13, 2015, 03:11 PM
David Sibert
This can be done in InfoAssist, Dev or App Studio.

You can do it as a Compound Document or with Subhead with the sections presorted.

You do not have to "Learn WebFOCUS Language" to do this. You can do it via the GUI with some understanding of what you require your data to look like prior to creating the report(s).

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M
November 14, 2015, 08:50 AM
George Patton
As David says, you can do this entirely inside a heading. All you do is create a report for the fields you want - it sounds like you already have this going - but hide all the output fields. Then add a HEADING (or ON REPORT SUBHEAD) and embed the fields. You appear to be using InfoAssist - which isn't in my repertoire - but I'm sure you can just point and click your way to this.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
November 16, 2015, 10:35 AM
A Fisher
Thank you both for the suggestions. This will give me an avenue to investigate.

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1 / App Studio 8.2.0.1 (04092014) / Windows 7 / HTML5, PDF, XLS