Focal Point
[SOLVED] HTML Button / Textbox problems

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7747054926

March 13, 2013, 12:12 PM
Joey Sandoval
[SOLVED] HTML Button / Textbox problems
We have a dashboard in MRE that consists of a main frame html page that has multiple buttons that appear like tabs. Each button loads a child html into the bottom frame.

The problem that we are having is that when you run the main (parent) html page, the child pages do not load right. If you try to click a button on a child page, you have to click on the actual text of the button - Clicking on an any area just outside the text, but within the button, does not do anything. And If you try to click on a textbox in a child page, you have to hover over the top line in order to gain access to edit the textbox.

If you run the child pages directly , none of these problems exist.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joey Sandoval,

Prod/Dev: WebFOCUS 8.0.08 on Windows Server 2008/Tomcat , WebFOCUS DevStudio 8.0.08 on Windows 7 Pro

March 13, 2013, 01:38 PM
HÃ¥kan
Joey, I think it's the same problem which I thought was a caching problem. You have to very precise when clicking a button. I suppose one way to do it is to create a transparent text area and make it just a pixel or two larger than the button and put it on top of it.

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)
March 13, 2013, 02:55 PM
John_Edwards
Are you using a frame or an iframe for you child pages?

March 13, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joey Sandoval
John, They are Iframes.

Prod/Dev: WebFOCUS 8.0.08 on Windows Server 2008/Tomcat , WebFOCUS DevStudio 8.0.08 on Windows 7 Pro

March 13, 2013, 03:24 PM
John_Edwards
I do this stuff all the time in iframes and have never experienced the problem you're seeing. Can you break the problem in half, running the page in the iframe without it being called by FOCUS in the parent frame?

Do you have a simple example that exhibits the problem?

J.

March 13, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joey Sandoval
Im not able to replicate the problem. It seems that the buttons are only clickable when you hover over the text or the border line. Very strange

March 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
Joey Sandoval
Thank you for responses everyone. I was able to fix this by re-ordering the z-index values properly. Thank you