Focal Point
[SOLVED] USE Command weirdness

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/775106274

June 23, 2010, 08:46 AM
Mark Kinsey
[SOLVED] USE Command weirdness
I am using WF version 7.6.9 and have an odd problem when using the USE command to concatenate Focus tables. When I put the file OPNRCPPGI AS OPNRCPG_G as the last table in the list of files it duplicates the records. If I move it up it doesn't. Here is the command with it as the first file. Are there limitations to this command? I have not found anything in the documentation.

USE
OPNRCPPGI AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPC AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPQ AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPQAR AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPS AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPS1 AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPS4 AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPV AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPV1 AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPV4 AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPT AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPT1 AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCPT4 AS OPNRCPG_G
OPNRCT91 AS OPNRCPG_G
-*OPNRCPPGI AS OPNRCPG_G
END

Thanks
Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Mark A. Kinsey
June 23, 2010, 09:59 AM
Francis Mariani
This may not help at all, but I always clear previous USE commands (even if there weren't any) before executing new ones:

USE CLEAR

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 23, 2010, 10:27 AM
Mark Kinsey
[SOLVED] I found the problem to this but it is strange. Before the USE command I had an ?FF command on one of the other files that was mispelled. When this was fixed the problem went away. Computer Trolls?

Mark A. Kinsey
June 23, 2010, 05:32 PM
Waz

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!