Focal Point
Passing fex names from html

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7761005102

December 14, 2006, 04:29 PM
tglaser
Passing fex names from html
We used to pass the fex name to call from HTML using a format similar to this (GT and LT are left and right carats, respectively):

GT input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="FEXNAME" LT

The syntax in 7.1.4 is this:

GT request requestid="1" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="1" targetname="_blank" ibif_ex="FEXNAME" ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="FOLDERNAME" LT

I am trying to pass a variable determined by user selection to ibif_ex, so one fex or another may be called to generate a report.

If the FEXNAME to be called is represented by the variable name selReport (populated by a javascript function), is it possible to pass this to ibif_ex? I have tried:

ibif_ex="selReport" -- passes selReport name and not its' contents, as you would expect.

ibif_ex=selReport -- the form is broken and no longer submits

ibif_ex="+selReport+" -- returns a "WebFOCUS was called with an invalid request" error. My thought was that the + might allow the interpretation of the variable's contents. It doesn't.

Has anyone else tried to do this, or tried another way, successfully?

I need to call a particular fex from the user form and pass a list of dynamic values in such a way that the html can be opened up by HTML Painter in the future without custom code being over-written by HTML Painter. I'm out of ideas except for passing everything off to a fex and letting DM take the appropriate action.

Thanks.

WebFocus 7.1.4 Win2K Client

WebFocus 7.1.6 Server
December 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
tglaser
Well, we have a solution.

Where the value to be passed is in an option list such as this (the value is the fex name):

GT OPTION value='susser_recon_north' displaytext="NORTH PLANTS" LT NORTH PLANTS

Have a JS function call the value and set the attribute of ibif_ex with it.

function test2(ctrl) {
if(!ctrl)
ctrl = document.getElementById();
var arrRequests = GetRequestsList(ctrl);
if(arrRequests)
{
for(var j=0; j < arrRequests.length; j++)
{
var request = arrRequests[j];
if(request)
var source = request.getAttribute(ibif_ex);
var SelVal = REGION.options[REGION.selectedIndex].value;
request.setAttribute(ibif_ex, SelVal);
var zsource = request.getAttribute(ibif_ex);
}
}

The value goes to ibif_ex, the form submits and the fex runs. Life is good.

GT request requestid="1" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="1" targetname="_blank" ibif_ex="" ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="sys_wholesale" LT

Thanks to Jeff, Java Scripter extraordinaire, for the solution. Hopes this helps some of you out there if you have something similiar going on.

WebFocus 7.1.4 Win2K Client

WebFocus 7.1.6 Server