Focal Point
Active Directory - Authenticate against multiple domains

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7801052382

May 07, 2008, 10:27 AM
Sayed
Active Directory - Authenticate against multiple domains
Hello,

Is there a way to authenticate a MRE user against multiple domain on our Active Directory?

We currently have multiple domains within our company. We want to be able to grant access to all the users that belong to any of the domains on our AD. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
May 07, 2008, 11:41 AM
Darin Lee
I'm not a guru when it comes to security, but do enough to get by. I don't believe this is possible and is documented as such. However, I have heard that there may be a way to "concatenate" domains within Active Directory, so you still authenticate against a single domain, but within Active Directory, it includes multiple domains. Can't give you much more info than that, so check with your systems person managing Active Directory and see if they know anything about that.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
May 07, 2008, 12:12 PM
Sayed
Thank You! I will definitely look into that.

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
May 07, 2008, 05:02 PM
Sharon Kundinger
Since users actually are assigned to a group rather than a domain, you can create a group that is assigned to all the domains you wish to make available to the users.

WF 7.7.01
Reporting Server on zLinux or Windows
Client on linux
Output formats - EXL2K, HTML, PDF
May 07, 2008, 05:55 PM
Sayed
Sharon,

We are talking about Active Directory domains here; Not MRE domains.

Sayed