Focal Point
[CLOSED] converting old HTM 5.3 to new 7.6

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/784104702

August 12, 2009, 01:53 PM
Latigresa
[CLOSED] converting old HTM 5.3 to new 7.6
Can anyone tell me how to do this. I need to make some changes to an old html page but everytime I try to open it it says I need to 1st open the fex and then the HTML. I do that and still nothing. One of the issues is that the dropdown is not showing up all the way but it only does this when I run it on IE7. It looks fine on IE6.

Thank you...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Server: WINXP
August 12, 2009, 03:28 PM
GamP
Converting html pages that have been built with the 53 release html painter can be done by redesigning the page using the new html layout painter. The two releases are regrettably incompatible with respect to the html painter.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
August 13, 2009, 08:59 AM
Latigresa
Thank you for responding and ending my search for this. Been getting a headache trying to do this without recreating. But I guess I have no choice. Thanks again.

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
August 13, 2009, 10:36 AM
Latigresa
How do I go about making the new report looking like the old one...the old report has the HTML drilldown at the top and the report at the bottom. It does not use a frame so I have no clue what kind of java script I need to add to the HTML page to get this done. Right now I have the HTML and report overlapping each other when the fex is ran. All help is soooo apreciated.

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
August 20, 2009, 06:12 PM
Kerry
Hi Latigresa,

If you haven't done so, please contact Information Builders' Customer Support Services and open a case for assistance, which will help redesign the page to make it work properly. The phone number is 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.