Focal Point
Migrate Users for one Domain

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7861001022

March 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
Joan Williamson-Kelly
Migrate Users for one Domain
I'm trying to figure out how to migrate users for only one Domain from one server to another. The second server already has applications and users that cannot be overwritten. I can find how to extract user information from MR, but it appears that it is only for reporting. It also seems like the user.htm and mrrepos.htm files can't be edited directly...

Can anyone help?
March 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
Francis Mariani
I would edit the user.htm and mrrepos.htm, but CAREFULLY.

And make backups.

Have you looked into the WebFOCUS Migrate Utility or the Managed Reporting Extract Utility? Depends on the WF version you have.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
Joan Williamson-Kelly
There is an MR Extract utility - but it seems to only get out user data in order to create reports.

The problem with Migrate is that is seems to take all the users - does not allow you to pick and choose.
March 26, 2007, 03:11 PM
susannah
i really cheat to do this...
i make new users in the new domain on the new server..that makes the place holders...
i make sure the names of the directories are all the same. and then copy all the bits from one server to the next...all the reporting objects and all their own fexes...
i just make sure i've set up all the empty shells i'm going to need.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
March 26, 2007, 03:52 PM
Joan Williamson-Kelly
So if you had 100 users, you have to re-create the 100 users on the new server?