Focal Point
[SOLVED] Difference between SAVE & SAVB

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7887023895

February 08, 2011, 01:16 AM
Deepu
[SOLVED] Difference between SAVE & SAVB
iam new webFOCUS,can any one tell me what is Difference between SAVE & SAVB, and when to use this SAVE & SAVB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
February 08, 2011, 02:24 AM
ChristianP
HI Deepu,
you can find that in the manual "Creating Reports With
WebFOCUS Language" Version 7 Release 7

8. Saving and Reusing Your Report Output Page 399

Christian

WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
WF Test Version: 7.7.02M
Developer Studio: 7.7.02
HTML, EXL2K, FLEX, PDF,PPT
February 08, 2011, 03:18 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
You should have searched on the Forums first.

quote:

As to best usage, it comes down to application (obviously) and generally I would suggest that HOLD would be used when you want to further process the data, SAVE when you do not require a master but want the data available to another application (CSV files, dialogue manager -READs etc.) and SAVB when you want the data in the internal format (numerics held as binary etc.) without the master file description - possibly because you have the master file already.

SAVB is probably not used that much now-a-days as the tendency appears to be to create and load a FOCUS file if you have the master file desc. I certainly haven't used it for quite a while.

Hope this helps.

This is there at This Place....

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5
February 08, 2011, 09:10 AM
jgelona
Difference between SAVE and SAVB is that SAVE stores data in plain text. SAVB stores numeric data in 4 byte or 8 byte binary and all fields start on a 4 byte boundry.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.